I must say I never thought I would be impacted by addiction but it has smacked me in the face full on. My oldest son who has always been the strong athlete is sitting in rehab getting well. As a college athlete he was given every opioid available to keep him on the field and now he is repairing the damage. I am thankful he is alive and the man he is meant to be has emerged. He has gained 60 lbs of muscle and is not only physically but mentally healthy it is truly amazing. I never knew how horrible the addiction was but am grateful my son has found his purpose. We never understand the struggle or circumstances until god reveals them and he is on his way to a great great great future
Well once again we are moving. Decided to leave the restrictive home owners association and the 2 story house and move into the ranch style house we own with .33 acre. Of course it is a mess and my favorite thing to do is flooring and paint. Before anything goes in I had to get started on the massive laundry room. The floors were pink and the entire thing a mess. Here are the before and after: I assume if you have to do laundry why not enjoy it and paint it a beautiful shade of buttercup. Of course you have to decorate too, come on who says laundry has to be boring and there is a perfect spot for the office.
My dad passed away on March 10th, unexpectedly. My 2 older brothers and I were there when he took his last breath and were able to let him know how much we loved him. The crazy part of this story is that his death brought together my siblings and I after not speaking for years. I believe he planned this….
My dad was that man who did everything right his entire life and everyone who met him loved him. He told dumb jokes, harassed everyone, and always had a story. It will be hard knowing I will never see him again but if I can be half the person he was I’ll be great.
I have cried a million tears but they are not sad tears just find memories for a man I will miss for the rest of my life.
- Why is there always multiple packages of taco seasoning open in the cabinet
- How will having teachers carry guns stop school shootings
- Why no matter how old your kids are do you worry about them like there little
- Why is there always one person you work with who is just miserable to be around
- How is a man with the worst comb over and spray tan in history the president
- Why do we work 5 days a week instead of working 2 and having 5 off
- Why have I not Won the lottery
- Why can the weather man always get it wrong and still be employed
- Why when people are house hunting do they focus on wall color, really it’s a 10 can of paint to change
I am back in the gym hard and heavy. This year I am trying some new classes and one of them happens to be pop Pilates which consist of a whole bunch of floor and ab exercises. If you ever want to know how many ab muscles you don’t have this is the class for you, which brings me to my etiquette discussion.
- If you have gas the day of class, skip it and find a treadmill
- Being known as Rootie Tootie is not a name you want
- I understand we all have bodily functions we can’t control at times
- However spare your classmates the torture when you pretend that you didn’t just rip one
Look I am a 50 year old woman and know people get embarrassed talking about farts, flatulence, air bisquit, back blast, wind breaker, colon bowling but I know when my belly is full of something that will not be pleasant. I still get my gym time in but take several bathroom breaks and the people around me I am certain appreciate it. My kids when I tell them my stories they think it is hilarious so if nothing else entertain your family but don’t go to class.
I am cheap, yes I own it. My sons house had a leak under both bathroom sinks and of course I am not calling a plumber. I took my pink girl tool kit and took it apart. Two trips to Lowe’s and it is fixed and working like new for a total of 12 dollars in parts. The other side is leaking from the connector at top so I need to find a tool to loosen as it is cranked down. YouTube will help me with this. Don’t be afraid to try do it yourself, the satisfaction of learning something new and it working is fantastic.
In the search for continual learning I read a lot of books. My most recent read is Tuesday’s with Morrie and I cried like a baby. What a beautiful story and the life lessons are invaluable.
If we equate these lessons to today’s events whether you agree or not with the kneeling during the national anthem, kolin kaepernick is living the “just because society says so doesn’t make it right” example. I’m sad to see that people don’t understand it’s not the action but the demonstration that all people matter and are connected.
I hope that I am not the only person in the world that has at some point in my career has worked with someone who you have no idea WHY they still have a job. This has been one of those weeks. This is the person we all know that starts something and never finishes anything. They are however great at asking someone else to take on all the tasks they have yet to complete because they are just to swamped with work, WHAT work you have done nothing in 5 years.
The boss for some reason likes them and gives them special projects which leads to the creation of new time wasting 100 step processes that no one can follow. When you provide feedback that it doesn’t work it becomes a “I’m just the messenger” or “it’s been approved by the committee” already. Who is the committee exactly? The worst part is they truly have no expertise in ANYTHING but feel they need to change everything or tell you how they believe you can improve what you are doing, REALLY…. JUST STOP ALREADY
Every year we pick a weekend and camp with our friends. I think oh wow so simple a tent, sleeping bags and a fire. Wrong, my husband inspector gadget decided we needed some “essentials.” A portable table top grill, a solar heated shower bag and of course the potty with poo powder, and of course a room to put the potty in. Ha I’m sure more will arrive before we leave and who knows what else we NEED. I am just looking forward to watching lawn mowers race each other. I think we are officially glamping and who knew my man created it.
My heart hurts today. A friends young daughter passed away yesterday of a drug overdose. The pain she is dealing with right now must be unbearable. I cannot even imagine if one of my children left this earth before me, honestly this is one of my greatest fears.
I have been around drug abuse most of my life and have seen the devastation it causes to the person using and the family and friends around them who love and care about them.
The question I have to ask is when and how do we stop this train wreck?
- The pharmaceutic companies must have some consequence for creating highly addictive substances that have 8 million people in the United States hooked.
- How do citizens fight this multi-billion dollar industry?
- What about the doctors who prescribe these like candy, what’s their penance?
- Certainly there are tracking mechanisms in place to catch doctors over prescribing
- How about the dealers with no conscience who sell anything and everything for a quick buck?
- Used to be a lot more difficult than it is today to get illegal drugs, every corner
- How about the coaches who want athletes on the field at any cost?
- Oh I know this begins in high school as I have seen it firsthand, college, NFL, your knee hurts here is a pain med.
I don’t pretend to have the answer but certainly as a society we at some point have to recognize that something has to give. Maybe instead of building new prisons maybe we should put our funding into treatment facilities. Yes the argument I am certain will be made that each person has a choice, but do they really once they are hooked. The mind and body aren’t fully developed until almost 30 and are now altered, how do you go back? I found some research from Daniel Amen which I found very interesting, if you have time take a look.