My oldest son has let his hair grow for the past 4 years and when it is combed and conditioned it is fabulous loose Shirley Temple curls. Now when he gets it braided and wears a scull cap for months and doesn’t comb it that’s a whole other situation🙈. He resigned himself to cutting it off and last night it happened, I first had to cut off all the braids one by one to even get to what was a huge dread underneath. He just kept complaining about It hurting, ugh yeah. So here is the small animal I cut off his head. I think he is 10lbs lighter at this point and it sure has to feel better.
This year thus far has been very interesting; we have had 2 hit and run totaled vehicles.
- First question, would you hit someone and not stop, what if they are injured, could you live with yourself not knowing?
- Second if you leave and are found that is a criminal offense, do you want to go to jail or worse be charged with multiple felonies.
- Or is it that these people are already criminals and they simply don’t care?
Due to the hit and run drivers we then are forced to car shop and I think I have expressed previously just how much I loathe car salesmen, and I say men because that is the majority who work in the industry.
- Is there a reason I am treated like I am stupid and have never purchased a vehicle before because I am a female?
- Yes I know where the battery is, hello and a whole lot more since I have purchased well over 20 vehicles in my lifetime, yes again me NOT my husband, he refuses to go.
- When you say the car is discounted as far as it can be because that is what you have in it, I know this is a flat out lie because you bought it at auction and have marked it up to the retail price, yes I know this too.
Story: Just purchased a replacement vehicle from Kia of Portland. Let me give you their name so you will know who NOT to deal with. My son and I were told that the used vehicle we were interested in was the best possible price. We purchased the car and drove it off the lot.
- The next day I get an alert that the car price has been reduced on the website by $1000. Really?
- Being the follow up person I am, I immediately sent the dealer and email and ask for my $1000 back, that seems fair right?
- They knew the vehicle was sold but reduced it to attract customers on their website, is this not dishonest? Yes same vin number and vehicle photos..
Last let’s talk the federal budget. I see that the reductions are all coming out of the programs that impact the middle class, elderly, and below poverty level population.
- How is it that the rich will receive even more tax breaks and the people who really need the help are being penalized?
- The dishonesty of this particular administration thus far is mind boggling.
- If I made over 5 hundred thousand dollars a year I would be throwing money at programs to benefit those less fortunate and be happy to pay more taxes, come on what has happened to helping your fellow citizen?
- So the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, do we want another depression in this country?
- Where has common sense gone?
We have a very small space downstairs and needed extra seating for when people visit so I found a solid wood shelf at habitat for 50 cents, painted that bad boy out and attached some 36 inch plumbing pipe n just like that I doubled the seating area. The delimma is I now need 4 more bar stools, well walked into goodwheel, which I lovingly call the wheel and 4 exact match for 10 bucks each. Yes it is my lucky day……
My husband is gone this weekend to visit his mother. While everyone is gone I made a master plan to get crap done today. I started bright and early by unloading both of my closets, yes I have 2. I figured it was not only a great day to purge but also help other mommas who don’t have anything on this beautiful day. Check out the before and afters. I’m proud to say I took 4 bags of clothes and shoes to donate and oh how great it is to unload the clutter. Noone needs all that.
First let me say I shop the grocery outlet like it is my religion. If you don’t have one in your town I’m sorry. This is my go to spot for all things nuts, cheese, and dried fruit. Not to mention they have a great organic section.
- Huge block of swiss tillamook cheese $4.99
- Dried cranberries .99
- Mixed nuts .99
- Dried fruit combo .99
The assembly line included my cute little ikea snack containers and in about 4 minutes I had a weeks worth done and ready for both my husband and myself. I also have enough cheese left for months and the nuts and dried fruit should get us thru the end of the month. I added some chopped apples to mine and it is fabulous and I am proud of my food hack
I went to my first novice gardner class last week and I am now super excited. I got this cute little planter for free from my friend Tamra and painted to match our fence. Im growing basil (trader joes 3.99, tomato farmers market, pepper plant 89 cent, and free cucumbers. Heres to a bountiful harvest
The bathroom downstairs was so so so boring. I love spaces with personality and could no longer stomach the white wall behind the toilet. I know toilets are not exciting so I had to figure out a way to update on the cheap. Here it is finished and so cute. For a total of 12 bucks, yep one roll of peel n stick wallpaper did the wall and the cabinet doors and took all of 10 minutes. I love it…. doesn’t have to cost alot to be cute
Yep its happening, in 4 months I hit the big 50 and I cant say Im excited. First let me just say I never thought I would be 50,especially when I was 30. And once you hit 50 I suddenly am left thinking I’ve lived over half my life already, what? Then there is the aging part, my skin is now dry and peeling but looks oily, and the lines certainly are not welcome. My hair has a mind of its own and the white, yes white not grey is just enough to give me a skunk likeness if I let the grow out go on for too long. Who would love that? If I was independently wealthy and didnt go to work everyday I would probably be worse off because all I would want to do is eat and have cocktail parties, ha. So heres to turning 50 and all the excitement to follow.
Saturday by default is normally the day I steam my floors, I pour myself an adult beverage to make it fun. Today my drink of choice was an old school grasshopper and as I finished the kitchen and got the throw rugs back in place the cord caught my beverage and dumped it directly into my husbands backpack on the chair. I rushed it to the sink and as you can guess it dripped all over the just finished clean floor. All I could do was laugh and get the laptop out so it didn’t get wet. I have to admit the thought of my husband going to work everyday with his backpack smelling like creme de menthe was amusing, ha. So today I steamed the floor twice and have a funny story for you all.